A Water Filtering System Can Enhance Your Household Water if Iron Stains Have You Seeing Red
A water filtering system can dramatically improve household water if its quality is affected by the presence of impurities. One such impurity that is a common source of homeowner water woes is iron. While not a health hazard, iron can cause a variety of issues that become evident during everyday water usage in a home.
To illustrate, members of a household that is not equipped with a water filtering system might find:
- Reddish-brown stains on laundry, porcelain, concrete, dishes, glassware, and utensils, which are not removed by soaps or detergents, and can actually be intensified with the use of chlorine bleach
- Iron deposit build-up in pipes, water heaters, and water softeners, which can reduce water pressure, increase energy usage, and cause equipment to break down more frequently
- Tap water with an unpleasant, metallic taste
All of these problems are indicative of high levels of iron and manganese in the water. You might wonder how contaminants like iron and its chemically similar “close cousin” manganese are able to make their way into household water in high enough concentrations to necessitate a water filtering system. The answer is that these impurities are easily absorbed by water when the water comes into contact with:
- Rocks, minerals, and soil
- Fabricated materials like iron and steel pipes
- Industrial waste
- Mine drainage
A water filtering system can eliminate iron, manganese, and other problematic additives and contaminants like chlorine, sulfur, and volatile organic compounds before the water enters a home. In fact, many homeowners think of a whole house water filtration system as their first line of defense against impure water. A water treatment professional can fully explain the benefits of filtration and improved water quality, which can be seen and enjoyed in the kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room and wherever else water is used throughout a home.
Since 1953, RainSoft has been providing the latest in home water filtration systems to customers around the globe. Each RainSoft water filtration system incorporates state-of-the-art technology to help make good water better. To arrange for a complimentary in-home water analysis and find the best water treatment solution to meet your needs, contact a local authorized RainSoft dealer today.