EC4 Water Conditioning System
EC4 Water Conditioning System Delivers Smart Performance You Can Count On
- Smart Features
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- User Friendly Reliability
The RainSoft EC4 Series water conditioning system softens, filters, reduces ferrous iron, clarifies and polishes your water to give you an abundant supply of luxuriously conditioned water throughout your home.
RainSoft’s new EC4 Technology provides unparalleled ease of use, with features and benefits that ensure your family receives the finest water possible throughout your home.
EC4 Series Features
Immediate Condition Response Push any button and the EC4 wakes up to display the system status with any applicable instructions or messages.
Power Outage Recovery If power is lost during the regeneration process, the EC4 will automatically recover and complete the process once power is restored. This feature ensures that all scheduled regeneration cycles are never missed, and that soft water is always available.
Distinctive Alarm Tones The EC4 supports three different alarms — low salt, no salt, and when service is required.
Large Interactive Display The EC4 provides easy-to-read and understandable system information via a two-line LCD display. Messages scroll across the display, identifying the menu being accessed.
Information Center Simple access to the EC4’s Information Center menu provides the customer with information about their system, water quality, usage profile and general support data. Aids both the customer and the dealer when troubleshooting the unit.
Proportional Brine and Rinse Overall system efficiency is achieved with RainSoft’s proportional brining feature. Saves on overall salt and water consumption with
shorter regeneration cycles based upon specific household water usage.
How the EC4 Water Conditioner Works
Step 1: Water enters RainSoft’s exclusive rugged control valve and flows down through the EC4 resin tank.
Step 2: The water is filtered and treated as it passes through the special “ion exchange” resin. Hardness ions are ionically retained in and on the resin. The optional carbon bed further polishes and clarifies the water.
Step 3: Once completely conditioned, the water exits the resin tank through the riser pipe and out the control valve.
Step 4: At metered intervals, the unit begins a regeneration process. Using salt as a regenerant, the retained hardness ions are flushed out of the system and down the drain. The unit then prepares itself for the next conditioning cycle.*
- New LCD display prompts the user with easy to understand system information and messages.
- Full menu of settings allows you to customize system to your family’s needs.
- Computer control prevents you from running out of treated water.
- Control automatically compensates and adjusts for daylight savings time.
- The system maintains time up to 1 week without a battery backup in case of a power outage. Program settings are maintained indefinitely, eliminating the need to reprogram.
- Calculates and uses optimum salt and water combination for each regeneration.
- All plastic enclosures fit tightly to protect control components from outside elements.**
- Brine tank is equipped with overflow protection to protect against overflow due to power outages during regeneration.
* Potassium chloride may be used instead of salt.
** Outdoor Model only.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Water treatment devices sold to retail consumers in California accompanied by certain health claims must be certified by the California Department of Health Services. The following models are certified by the State of California’s Department of Health Services:
- EC4 75 CV (Certificate 06-1803)
- EC4 100 CV (Certificate 06-1802)
- EC4 150 CV (Certificate 06-1801)
All other product models are not certified by the State of California for the purpose of making health claims.